This is a sample of a legal assistant which can be used as a template. Feel free to copy-paste it and edit it in any way you like.
Other job positions that can customize this resume template are: Legal Administrative Assistant (LEGAL ADMIN), Legal Secretary, Legal Staff Assistant and Paralegal/Legal Assistant or entry level Legal Assistant.
Legal Assistant Resume Example
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
Knowledgeable and agile legal assistant offering varied experience working as office assistant in a lawyer’s office and as a legal secretary in a corporate department. Qualifications include:
- Top-notch research skills – Detail oriented with ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines with large workload and tight turnaround, with sound follow-up.
- Knowledgeable of relevant legal jargon, processes and procedures.
- Superior communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills (team oriented).
- Outstanding organizational ability, with a solid work ethic and enthusiasm.
- Good judgment and decision making.
- Computer literacy (Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook Express) and experience working with databases.
Objective Statement – Seeking employment opportunity in a dynamic attorney’s office which will open the door to professional development and experience. Provide new challenges working on different law areas.
■ Professional Experience
P&T Law Office San Francisco, CA 2007 – Present
- Handled various legal documentation assignments such as contracts, closings, appeals, wills and other legal forms.
- Monitored and revised legal publications, constantly updating office law library.
- Participated in the execution of closings, trials and wills, together with the office lawyer.
- Conducted research on statutes, precedents, regulations and rulings and participated in the preliminary stages of case preparation and hearings.
- Participated in legal data analyses and made appropriate and effective suggestions as to the optimum solution.
- Prepared reports (annual and quarterly) and yearly audit letters, making significant use of computers for research and data entry.
- Updated electronic files.
- Scheduled and coordinated travel arrangements, both domestic and international.
- Assisted staff in problem solving and reported issues to higher levels of management when necessary.
- Took care of visitors and potential clients, distributed mail and emails, answered and initiated phone calls.
University of Connecticut Mansfield, CT 2003 – 2006
Bachelor’s in General Studies
Law Field- Free Resume Samples