The resume of a Freelance Writer should enlist professional skills, achievements and main assignments in order to increase the chances of being selected for a new job.
The following is a free resume example that you can copy and customize in any way you like.
Other job titles that can use this resume are: Freelance Content Writer, Freelance Writer/Blogger, Freelance Researcher/Writer, Academic Freelance Writer, Senior Writer/Editor and Freelance Copywriter.
Example of Freelance Writer Resume
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
Article Writing | Press Release | Data Research | Blogging
Strong, competitive and self-driven freelance writer passionate about life and work, seeking freelancing writing assignments,
- Has been fortunate enough to be exposed to myriad and different kinds of people, worked with people from all parts of the globe, be it Australia, US or Europe, I have learnt and imbibed a lot.
Career Objective – To generate interesting, exciting and productive ideas using my strong wring skills that could contribute to the organization growth and simultaneously further develop my skills. My primary objective is to inform, promote, educate and cultivate readers through writing.
KEY ADDED VALUE AND SKILLS
- Creative and passionate about Writing.
- Solid idea generator and conceptual thinker.
- Ability to take complex data and present it in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Strong grammar and punctuation.
- Bilingual – English and Spanish.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills – Ability to communicate with co-workers and clients
TM, Inc. Chicago, IL 2006 – Present
Worked for one of the largest vertically integrated media and entertainment group – The Company has launched next generation Internet portals, for which I worked as a writer and subject matter expert.
CORE PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS
- Writing and editing articles.
- Very well versed with American style writing.
- Maintained research paper level accuracy –
- Ascribed to comprehensive approach in writing articles.
- Adhered strictly to time schedule.
TR Publishing Chicago, IL 2002 – 2006
Freelance Content Writer and Editor
An established and competitive publishing house that runs niche magazines in different sectors including, Telecom, medical and career related topics.
Worked extensively on editing, proofing, updating content and rewriting content.
CORE PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS
- Writing articles, PR, news and blogs.
- Prepared corporate PPT presentation.
- Drafted search engine-friendly company profile.
- Designed Email template & newsletter and writing content for the same.
- Performed keyword research.
- Post-Graduation Diploma: in Psychological Counseling
- Bachelor’s Degree in English or journalism, communications [or a related field]
- Graduation: B.A (Arts & Humanities)
Resumes- Media Writers