This is a well-rounded cover letter for an Elementary School Teaching position.
The teacher comes across as someone with experience, creativity, and (very important) the capability to motivate students.
Naturally, if you have experience with other classroom aids and methods, you’ll mention them, as well as if you have other subjects that you teach.
You may be asked to give a sample lesson so the principal can see how you handle a classroom.
- Download and customize this Elementary Teacher Cover Letter Template in Word to fit your needs and professional status.
Elementary School Teacher Cover Letter Sample
Street Address, City, State, Zip | Cell Phone | Email Address
Mr. Jay Field
Fredrick Harris Elementary School
Address, City, State, zip
Re: Application for Elementary Teacher Position
Dear Mr. Field,
Through this letter and the accompanying resume, I would like to express my interest in the position of fourth grade teacher at Fredrick Harris Elementary School.
I have enjoyed 15 years of motivating my students to learn and grow while ensuring that the curriculum is covered and that the students see the relevance of it to their daily lives.
I have a Bachelor’s in Early Childhood Education from Florida Gulf Coast University.
I use a combination of lectures, group discussions, games, tutoring in small groups, and pairing children to review concepts.
My work experience includes:
- Developed my own lesson plans and classroom materials, but am flexible about adapting them according to school preference and student ability.
- In addition to teaching the material assigned for the grade level, I teach interpersonal skills and ensure a pleasant atmosphere in the classroom.
- Able to maintain discipline in the classroom while making learning a pleasurable experience, and have taught reading, math, science, art, social studies, and music.
- Can handle challenging children in a way that maintains their self-esteem but which minimizes classroom disruptions.
- Familiar with first aid techniques and use them calmly when necessary.
In order to expand upon my training and professional experience, I would like to schedule a time for an interview.
Hoping for your prompt response.
Enclosed: My Resume
Teaching Cover Letters