You can use this cover letter for a Preschool Teacher to apply for teaching positions with children under the age of five, whether working in a playgroup, nursery, or early start program.
To work with such young children, you need to possess patience and warmth in great quantities. While keeping the area where the children will be clean and safe, the most emphasis should be on the children’s emotional, mental, and physical well-being.
- You can download the Preschool Teacher Cover Letter Template in Word Document and customize it according to your needs.
While working with young children can be challenging, if you focus on their innocence, fun-loving side, and other sweet characteristics, you can really enjoy most of your work days.
Preschool Teacher Cover Letter Sample
Street Address, City, State, Zip | Cell Phone | Email Address
Mrs. Nancy Baker
Address, City, State, zip
Dear Nancy Baker,
Your kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Smiley, informed me that you’re looking for an experienced preschool teacher for your nursery division, and recommended that I send you my resume (attached). She knows me personally and offers to speak with you on my behalf and answer any questions you may have.
My 15 years of working with children have reinforced for me the need for patience, warmth, and setting a positive example.
I use the psychology courses I learned in my BA of Early Childhood Education to motivate children to cooperate with each other and treat their classmates with respect, as well as to encourage their wonderful creativity and curiosity to learn more about their world.
Same parts of my daily responsibilities include:
- Reading stories
- Leading arts and crafts projects
- Teaching the basic concepts that children will need in kindergarten (colors, numbers, etc.)
- Supervising unstructured play and structured games I communicate well with the children and their parents
- Alert parents to possible areas of concern in their children’s cognitive, emotional, or physical development.
I prepare my own classroom materials or use what is provided by the preschool, and ensure that the premises are safe and clean.
I will be happy to come for an interview and am waiting to hear from you.
Thank you much!
Teaching Cover Letters