The following Database Administrator resume template can fit the following job titles:
DBA, Applications Database Administrator, Database Manager Administrator, SQL Database Administrator, Database Administrator/SQL Development and Lead Administrator – SQL Server.
A Database Administrator is an IT professional who has the responsibility of designing the database and performs additional duties like developing the database. His main duties include protecting the firm’s database from external threats and unauthorized access. He performs the essential functions of data implementation and distribution in a firm.
Resume Example for Database Administrator
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
Over ten years of experience in database management systems administration, expert at developing and maintaining database, with strong background of working on high-end servers would like to establish a fulfilling proactive career and assume ever increasing responsibility in the course of time.
HIGHLIGHTS OF EXPERTISE
- Thorough knowledge of Linux, Oracle and different servers – Ability to design and maintain user friendly database.
- Knowledge of development tools and languages.
- Complete understanding of security and back up procedures.
- Ability to easily recover lost complex data.
AX&X Atlanta, GA 2006 – Present
Senior Database Administrator
HFEX Herndon,VA 2002 – 2006
SELECTED PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS
Involved in analyzing business requirements, developing and designing data models,
- Provided and designed DB tools to assist in the database management, transactions and processing environments.
- Assessed and executed implementing of new technologies.
- Worked in coordination with company developers and project managers.
- Developed training programs and trained technical support and applications personnel to utilize on-line databases environment process.
Monitored performance and capacity to provide resolutions to system problems,
- Provided technical support for SQL database environment by overseeing databases development and organization.
- Communicated regularly with staff to ensure smooth flow of information from SQL database.
- Created database with back-up system.
- Monitored data availability for faster query response by user.
- Designed conceptual schema as per the client needs.
- Looked after the security of company data from external access and threats.
- Tested and installed latest versions of Database Management Systems in firm.
- Granted access to users as per their needs and requirements.
Oracle University Redwood Shores, CA 2001
Oracle 10G DBA
Penn State University PA 1993 – 1999
Master, Management Science Info Systems
B.S, Management Science Info Systems
IT/ Technology Resumes>