The main duty of the waiter’s position is to take food and drink orders from restaurant guests and serve the filled orders to them quickly and efficiently.
Other responsibilities include escorting guests to their tables, receiving payment and cleaning/removing fixtures after customer finish dining. Waiters are generally supervised by head of waiters who is responsible of the overall customer satisfaction and the smooth operation of the restaurant.
The following is a free resume template that is good for restaurant waiter, cocktail waiter, and head of waiters. You can customize this sample according to you needs.
Waiter Resume Example
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
Objective Statement – To work as a waiter in a challenging environment, contributing enthusiasm, dedication, responsibility, and good work ethic, combined with a desire to utilize my customer service skills obtained through experience as a waiter in [ABC] restaurant.
Qualification,Skills and Qualities
- Five years’ experience as waiter in a restaurant.
- Customer service skills – Top notch communication skills and professional work ethic.
- Multi-tasking capability.
- Ability to work-in and lead a team – Good leadership/delegating abilities for supervising waiters’ staff (for those who apply for head of waiters).
- Sales and marketing skills.
- High school diploma.
■ Professional Experience
Restaurant Branch New York, NY 2007 – Present
- Greeted new customers and escorted them to their tables.
- Presented menus and answered questions about the cuisine, making recommendations upon request.
- Recommended wines and other drinks to customers.
- Wrote customers’ orders and conveyed to kitchen staff.
- Took orders from customers and served food, drinks and deserts.
- Served specialty dishes to customers at tables as required.
- Checked to ensure that customers are enjoying their meals – took action to correct any issues, as needed.
- Prepared bill/receipts and collected payment from customers.
- Cleaned tables and other areas as needed, after clients departed.
Resumes for Restaurant & Hospitality Jobs