The resume for restaurant manager position must present a performer on varied restaurant management duties.
The following free ‘Manager of restaurant’ resume sample is good for any title of managerial position in restaurant, such as- restaurant staff, fast food restaurant manager, assistant manager, general manager or fine dining manager.
Restaurant Manager Resume Example
You can copy/paste and personalize this generic sample according to your needs.
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
■ Career Summary
Restaurant manager with a solid track record of running restaurants successfully, starting from marketing and brand promotion, competition research, business development, and identifying target customers to an active supervision of every part of the restaurant operations including service level, menu quality, staffing and financial aspects.
Attention to detail | Business acumen | Communication and customer handling skills
Employee motivation/retention | Creating dynamic environment
Objective Statements – Applying my leadership skills to motivate restaurant staff to perform at their best abilities to produce solid, continued growth of the restaurant clientele.
■ Professional Experience
Restaurant Manager X Food & Beverage New York, NY 2003 – Present
- Supervised all in-house aspects of the restaurant, from in-house decorations to menu selection.
- Managed different areas of restaurant operations such as customer relations, vendors’ relations and inventory control.
- Specialized in training and motivating new staff regarding their work and responsibilities.
- Controlled the overall cash flow on a daily basis to meet the weekly expenditures.
- Maintained accounting books regarding employee payroll and sales summaries of the restaurant.
- Helped in promoting business through social interaction in community events.
- Estimated the daily food consumption and placed orders with suppliers accordingly – Ordered utensils and contacted merchants regarding their supplies on a regular interval.
- Hired staff for various departments according to skills required.
- Trained new staff; delineated their responsibilities and restaurant work ethics.
- Monitored cooking staff closely to ensure adherence to required standards in terms of quality and safety.
- Maintained a friendly environment for staff and customers.
- Scheduled working hours of staff and rotation of shifts.
- Assisted the customers in answering their queries regarding food quality and service.
- Maintained the cleanliness and sanitation standards of the restaurants by routine checkup of the cleaning done by facilities staff.
- Created new menu formats keeping in mind customer preferences and upcoming varieties available.
- Searched the market regarding new dishes and recipes or latest trends in restaurants that could help improve business.
■ Educational Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality management.
- Master of Science in Hospitality management.
- Food service Management / Hotel management – Professional certification.
Sample Resumes – Restaurant & Hospitality