In the procurement field, many titles have overlapping responsibilities.
If you’re looking for a job as a purchasing manager, feel free to apply for job positions such as Senior Buyer, Procurement Manager, Sourcing Manager, Source and Materials Manager, etc.
You’ll need superior bargaining skills, patience to perform necessary market research, and the motivation to obtain the most for your company’s money.
- Read the below example. You can download this Cover Letter Template for Purchasing Manager in Word and tailor it to meet your specific needs.
Procurement/Purchasing Manager Cover Letter Sample
Your address| City, State, Zip| cell phone| email address
Mr. Buck Stagman
ABC Retail Chain
Street Address, City, State, Zip
Re: Purchasing Manager Position
Dear Mr. Stagman,
I discovered your job posting in this week’s edition of the Roaring Retailer and am interested in applying for the position of purchasing manager.
As I’ve written in my enclosed resume, I have twelve years of profitable experience working as a senior purchasing manager. I enjoy a challenge and the opportunity to maximize revenues for the company I work for.
Some of my job highlights over the past few years include:
- Selecting the optimum vendors for the company’s needs
- Discovering global suppliers at significantly lower costs
- Finding reasonably priced substitutes of raw materials of equal or better quality than the original raw materials
- Synchronizing the team members and supply chain
- Bargaining with vendors and suppliers to obtain most favorable prices
I would like if we could arrange an in-person interview to discuss the position further and answer any questions you might have.
Please feel free to contact me at 999-777-5555 or at [your email address] so we can set up a mutually convenient time.
Administrative / Office Cover Letters