This following resume sample provides generic template of a resume for medical assistant positions and similar job titles as follows: entry level medical assistant, certified medical assistant, Medical Office Assistant, Professional Medical Assistant or Certified/Registered Medical Assistant.
Medical Assistants interact both with doctors and patients, performing administrative and front-desk information duties, besides their basic clinical services and assistance.
Typical workplaces are hospitals and clinics, where they help make sure patients are treated in the best way possible.
Medical Assistant Resume Example
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
■ Objective Statement
Looking for employment as a diligent and thorough medical assistant in a medical clinic or on a hospital team where I could apply my extensive experience and love of helping others.
■ Qualifications Summary
Ten years of commended experience in medical assistance positions, where accrued close familiarity with clinical, front-desk and administrative procedures, evincing the following qualities:
Key Skills, Core Competencies and Strengths
- Dedication to working with physicians and caring about patients.
- Organized and professional, yet warm bedside manner – Friendly, outgoing, positive personality, especially towards patients and visitors.
- Customer focused and team-worker.
- Communication skills: Reports effectively to seniors, handles visitors, and evinces sensitivity towards patients.
- Sound health for sustained performance under pressure – Experience and ability working long-hours and nights under pressure.
- Bachelor of Arts in Applied Sciences
- Medical Assistant Certificate Program
Medial Assistant ABC Medical Center [Location] 2002 – Present
■ Responsibilities/Performance Highlights:
- Performed all of the assistants’ standard tasks; prepared patients for examinations, recorded test results and vital statistics, administered prescribed treatment and medication.
- Kept medical histories and interviewed patients to procure or verify information.
- Took blood pressure, temperature, and weight as required before/after treatments and examinations.
- Made schedules of appointments and performed general front-desk tasks; recording, bookkeeping, writing summaries, answering calls, etc., as well as duties like infection control and supply/purchase management.
- Provided patients with any information they required about their treatment – Maintained, and when necessary initiated, sustained contact with patients.
- Was responsible for elucidating hospital procedures to patients and visitors and made sure environment was safe and sanitary for admission and treatment.
- Vast experience dealing with lab work and assisting doctors in treating patients with various conditions.
Healthcare Positions Resumes
Administrative Positions Resumes