If you have a desire to advance your career, mentoring programs or personal coaching programs can help you make decisions about what career might be right for you. Coaching and mentoring are valuable tools when it come advancing your career.
How Career Coaching Helps You
There are a number of ways that career coaching or mentoring can help you. Let’s have a look. Career coaching can:
- Help you take control of your career and opportunities that are available for you to advance your career
- Help you create a better balance in your life
- Help you identify your life goals vs. your career goals
- Aid you in achieving a more fulfilling career through career advancement
- Help you identify your skills, values, passions, and what motivates you
- Help you create a roadmap of your career and the advancement of your career
- Help you analyze roadblocks you may run into
- Work as a sounding board for ideas
What a Good Career Coach Does
A good career coach will inspire, encourage, and support you along the way as you work to advance your career.
If you are in need of direction a career coach can really help. If you need a sounding board, or space or reflect on career challenges a career coach can be extremely helpful. Perhaps you need support with your career advancement, or you need someone to help guide you to the success you deserve a career coach is there for you. Practical support and emotional support along with guidance can help you advance your career.
A career coach can:
- What it is you want the most
- Help you discover who you are really are
- Help you better understand yourself
- Help you explore and understand career advancement opportunities
- Help you develop strategies to achieve your career goals
- Help you implement your career goals
Career Coaching and Mentoring Benefits
There are a number of benefits you can enjoy by participating in career coaching or mentoring. With a career coach you:
- Get focused, individual attention relating to your career advancement
- Have an opportunity to get help while you concentrate on how you will grow your career and advance your career
- Receive career advancement encouragement and support
- Are challenged to help you be more creative about how to advance your career
- Benefit from a number or exercises your career coach involves you in
- Get help to grow your confidence
- Receive help in identifying where you want to go with your career and what your career goals are
Investing in Career Advancement
A career coach can help you in many ways to advance your career, including teaching you how to invest in career advancement.
One study found that 75% of the time working with a mentor lead to faster achievement of those career advancements. Growing your network and your skills can help you move quickly up the career ladder. These connections are valuable resources that and remember you can always talk to your career coach, who can assist you in developing your career plan and strategies.