In many cases, employers would like to hire fresher employees – those with a little to no work experience.
With an aim to find effective performers (or to ‘create’ good performers), they would want to recruit motivated/educated people that are seeking to start their careers.
It is known that many professionals with years of experience are hard to adjust for changes – especially when they change jobs and get new responsibilities.
In the other hand, entry level positions have the potential of the following strong aspects:
- Ability to quickly learn from scratch.
- Adjusting to new work environment.
- Easily gaining new skills – without difficulties.
These people are called “white boards” or “white papers”..
Writing a resume for those with no work experience is challenging. Here is an example of a resume of a talent (highly educated person).
This guy has no work experience but his resume still looks impressive.
Refer also to –
- No work experience resume: Get a step by step guide on writing resume for those with little to no work experience.
- Resume Writing Tips and Examples: Comprehensive guide on writing resume with examples and tips.
Sample Resume format for a Fresher
You may use the format of this fresher resume according to your needs.
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
■ Profile Summary
Refer to Resume Objectives Examples.
2004-2009 PhD in Genetics, the direct track program, the Department of Human Genetics & Biochemistry, [name] School of Medicine, [University], [Location]. Research was performed under the supervision of Dr. [Name] at the Endocrine Institute, [Name] Medical Center, [Location]
2005-2006 Research fellow at the Gene Therapy Center, [University], [Location].
2000-2003 BSc in Life and Medical Sciences. The School of Medicine and The Faculty of Life Sciences, [University], [Location].
■ Research Experience
Cloning, real-time PCR, siRNA, microarray, construction and purification of recombinant adenoviruses, analysis of protein expression, confocal microscopy, FACS, Chromatin Immunoprecipitation.
Extensive work with Tissue Culture, including isolation and propagation of human and pig liver tissues, plasmid transfections and viral infections (adenoviruses and lentiviruses).
Highly experienced with mice and miniature pigs animal care; including intravenous administration of recombinant adenovirus and tissue processing analyses.
■ Other Qualifications
■ Computer Skills
Highly experienced with Office applications and Photoshop software. Experienced user in biological databases platforms including Pubmed, UCSC genome browser, TRANSFAC, ENSEMBL.
Fluent in English and in [other languages].
1. “Adenovirus Infection Activates Akt1 and Induces Cell Proliferation in Pancreatic Islets.” Mert Icyuz, Stacie M.J. Bryant, Henry K. Fortinberry, [your name], Gene P. Siegal, Juan L. Contreras and Hongju Wu. Transplantation, Volume 87, Number 6, March 27, 2009.
2. “Nkx6.1 induces pancreatic beta and alpha cell differentiation in human liver cells”. Shiraz Gefen-Halevi, Itzhak Rachmut, [your name], Graciela Kuperstein, Irit Meivar-Levy, Nicholas Onaca , Eytan Mor and Sarah Ferber. Submitted.
1. Dr. [name, email and telephone #]
2. Dr. [name, email and telephone #]
3. Prof. [name, email and telephone #]
Resume Examples Per Industry