The marketing employee is required to perform the following main activities:
- Tracking and identifying new market trends, product’s demand, its competitors and its potential customers.
- Definition of the product design and monitoring the product development.
- Launching the product after developing its pricing strategies.
- Utilizing various marketing tools for the product.
Marketing requires the ability to produce new ideas using basic creative insights.
Therefore, the job interview questions for marketing positions are aimed for evaluating your interpersonal communication skills, your analytic skills and your marketing approach and background.
This article provides marketing job interview questions and tips to answer these questions.
The article deals with the following positions:
- Product Marketing
- Internet Marketing
- Marketing Management.
Marketing Interview Tips:
Job Interview Questions for Marketing Positions
This section is divided to 3 parts as follows:
1. Product Marketing Interview Questions & Answers
- What types of products do you market?
- Are you familiar with our product?
- What do you know about our firm and our current/past campaigns?
- Have you ever been a part of a marketing team and do you consider yourself a team player?
- Have you defined a new product for the R&D?
- What steps do you take when launching a new product?
- What procedure do you take for producing new marketing ideas?
- How do you research for a target market?
- Can you supply a successful presentation you made for a product? Can you give reasons as to why it succeeded?
- What marketing project tools do you use for achieving product goals?
- Can you give an example of a campaign which hasn’t worked as you had planned? Can you point out the reasons for that failure?
Answering the above questions:
The questions are focused on the professional experience/skills of a candidate.
Therefore, present your marketing experience and the marketing methods that you have used. Provide a brief technical description of the products – Do not forget to supply a portfolio, outlining your successful projects and campaigns.
Read further in the following article: Sales Interview Questions with Answers.
2. Internet Marketing Questions with Answers
- What online marketing tools are you familiar with and how do you implement these tools?
- What internet services have you worked with in the past? How did you offer your product using these tools?
- What internet service…Google, Yahoo, etc….. Whom do you believe offers the best marketing tools? Can you explain?
- Do you understand keywords usage and keywords research?
- What do you know about keyword stemming, density, and proximity?
- Are you familiar with link building campaigns?
- Are you familiar with SEO?
- What SEO or SEM services have you used?
- What are these terms – CPM, PPC and CTR?
- What types of online advertising tools have you used?
- How do you implement survey tools to target your market?
- Can you supply an example of a successful advertising campaign? What was the strategy and tools implemented that made the campaign successful?
How to answer the above questions:
Online marketing (or Internet marketing) interview questions are mostly technical questions for evaluating your knowledge in this competitive field.
Your answers to these questions pertain to your direct knowledge of Internet marketing techniques and the way you’ve utilized various tools in online campaigns. You may consider researching all available tools, even those outside your experiences for better preparation.
3. Job Interview Questions for Marketing Manager Position
- Have you been a manager of a marketing team in your previous jobs? Tell us about your experience.
- Have you ever led a team on conducting survey analysis and launching new products?
- How did you correlate your team’s efforts and information? How did this information relate directly to your forecasted objectives?
- Do you consider yourself a leader? Do you have the drive to lead a marketing team? Can you give examples?
- What were your marketing goals and objectives?
- What type of product marketing experiments have you been part of or performed? How did you implement the results?
Read further in the following article: Sales Management Job Interview.
Tips on how to answer these questions:
Because the marketing manager is responsible for the product strategy, this position relies on leadership skills and the ability to use brainstorming in order to come up with innovative ideas.
If you apply for these positions, your profile as a manager should speak for itself.
Therefore, take the time to highlight your greatest achievements as a marketing manager and the steps you have taken to influence the marketing efforts of your company.
Sales and Marketing Job Interviews