The customer service industry is one of the fastest growing industries today. If you possess a pleasant personality, patience and a desire to help others, you are an excellent candidate.
The article provides tips and advice for customer-service job candidates. The article also provides typical customer-service job interview questions and answers.”
With the increase in the consumption of all kinds of consumer goods, customer service representatives are in demand. As no special schooling is required, it is a wonderful possibility for unskilled job seekers.
Customer Service Interview Answers
Helpful Tips for a Candidate
Here are some tips for the customer-service interview:
1. Your attitude
You would like to convey an attitude of willingness to help, friendliness and yet knowledgeable. Demonstrate your capability in handling problems efficiently. This can be done by way of some personal examples.
2. Accurate answers to the customer
Explain to the interviewer that you realize that you are the first point of contact for the customer, and how very important it is to speak politely, accurately and professionally. Throw in this quote: You never get a second chance to make a first impression!
3. Professional relationship
Clarify that you recognize the necessity of creating a friendly yet professional phone relationship with clients..
4. The face of the company
You believe in presenting a well-mannered, well-meaning and intelligent face of your company to the caller.
5. Your experience
Be prepared to give relevant facts and information about your previous job[s] and any customer service experience. Make sure that your facts and figures are correct. This is the most important aspect of the customer service interview.
11 Typical Customer-Service Interview Questions
- How would you handle negative feedback from a client?
- How would you handle a situation where a customer has asked for some service or product that is in violation of the company’s policies and is against the better interests of the company?
- What would be the most important service skill that you would need to have in your day to day business?
- How would you initiate contact with the clients and customers?
- What would you do if you had to turn down a request from a valued customer?
- A customer is repeatedly using abusive language, but he has a valid point; what would you do?
- If you have to change any current activities in the company, how would go about doing it?
- Do you have any computer or technical knowledge?
- Do you have the necessary technical know-how for information and data transferring?
- Describe any intimidating situation you experienced in your previous job; did you handle it?
- Describe any unpleasant situation that your colleague was in. Did you intervene? What did you do?
These are just some of the questions that can be asked during an interview for a customer service executive.
Customer Support Job Interviews