These days, the teacher is required to combine new technological resources with the plain old traditional teaching approaches.
Therefore, the resume of a teacher has to project not only knowledge but also new educational technologies practices.
Some key skills for teachers are:
- Self motivation, initiative with a high level of energy.
- Verbal communication skills.
- Decision making, critical thinking, organizing and planning.
- Flexible to different situations.
Refer to: Resume for Teachers – Example
Teaching resume objective examples
One of the most important paragraphs in a teacher resume is the resume objective statement as it has to present in a crisp manner your experience and skills as well as other aspects such as: Who you are, what your job target is and most importantly what you will bring to the position.
Here are resume objective examples for teachers postions and please personalize the statements according to your needs:
- Obtain a position as an elementary School Teacher that will utilize my strong dedication to children’s development and to their educational needs.
- Obtain a position at ABC institute where I can maximize my teaching experience, children’s program development skills and my training abilities.
- Seeking a position of headteacher that can benefit from my 10 years of experience in mentoring and coaching teaching staff in ABC schools.
- Looking for a position of Special education teaching to use my strong passion for children’s development, together with skills and experience that will enable me to make a significant difference at your school.
- To build a long-term career as an elementary teacher with opportunities for career growth and to keep up with the cutting edge of the teaching technologies.
- To encouraged creativity and higher-order thinking to increase children performance.
- Obtain a teaching position that uses modern teaching methods such as e-learning and team learning.
You may start the objective statement paragraph with an overview of your experience. See the example as follows:
- Qualified teacher with [X] years of varied instructional experience.
- Creative, resourceful teacher with proven ability to enhance students’ performance.
- Possess a positive and effective teaching style with the willingness to work above and beyond the call of duty.