The objective statement is arguably the most important paragraph in a resume.
This statement showcases the main aspects that employers are looking for. It states:
• Who you are.
• What your job target is.
• What you will bring to the position under question.
However, many high-level executives and experienced professionals skip that part in their resume.
Because their background “speaks for itself”, their resume is another form of a “business card” – they don’t reveal their exact job target keeping all options open.
They write a Career Summary paragraph instead of the Objective Statement.
For the vast majority of employees who include the objective statement, the purpose of this statement is marketing – it serves as a ‘slogan’ that creates an interest to read the entire resume. Read further at the article 15 Top Resume Objectives .
To make the long story short, here are examples of 5 general phrases/frames you may edit and personalize according to your needs:
1. [Obtain/secure/seeking/interested in] a position of [Job Title] that [leverages/utilizes/can benefit from] my 15 years [experience/expertise] and [ABC] [skills/abilities] to [develop/lead/exceed/achieve] [DBE] goals.
2. [Obtain/secure/seeking/looking for] a position of [Job Title] [where/in which] my 15 years [experience/expertise] and [ABC] [skills/abilities] will [increase/improve/contribute] [DBE] goals.
3. [Your occupation/profession] with [X] years of [ABC] expertise [seeking/interested in] a [Job Title/position] opportunity in the area/field of [XYZ].
4. [Your occupation/profession] desires to apply [X] years of [ABC] expertise to [develop/lead/exceed/achieve] [DBE] goals in the area/field of [XYZ].
5. [Your occupation/profession] aspires to [develop/lead/improve/contribute] [DBE] goals in the area/field of [XYZ].
Other statements samples that can be customized are:
” A highly motivated, experienced [profession] professional with superb skills in marketing, e-commerce, relationship-building, promotion and management. “
” Goal oriented [profession] professional with a proven records of [sales scores, other achievements] passionate for [XYZ] to increase organization profitability.”
If you’d like to see examples of Resume Objective Statements for: Teacher, sales, accounting, engineering, customer service, marketing, project managers, programmers and IT.
Refer to the article 15 Top Resume Objectives – to see samples of objective statements per profession.