It is always challenging to succeed in a job interview.
You have to compete with many candidates for the same position and you never know your odds till you receive the desired phone call.
How to pass a job interview you face?
Here are some tips:
1. The job description: Read carefully the job description. You need to gauge the type of a person the company is looking for. Then, you can focus your interview preparation to show that you best fit the role described in the said job description.
2. Who leads the interview: Let the interviewer lead the interview – don’t interrupt him, listen to him carefully before answering.
3. Be yourself: Never try to impress that you know everything. Be honest about your knowledge and skills. If you do not know something, admit and suggest a way to solve the case – show that you are a problem solver.
4. Answering questions: Answer the questions the best way you can but don’t go into details when you’re not asked for – it is not necessary.
5. Humor: An interview is not a math science test – let your sense of humor serves you. Smile naturally.
Most importantly – Convey why you are the best candidate!
Give the interviewer the “ingredients” s/he looks for – describe your job qualities in the best way you can.
While answering question, be precise. Focus on your measurable achievements and your key relevant skills. Tell about your ability/willing to contribute and proactive approach.
Make the most of the job interview opportunity and impress the interviewer with your background and skill sets.