The purpose of writing a career statement is to give the professional a clear direction for the future.
A career statement is a creation of your career vision for inspiring and motivating yourself.
After reading this article you may refer to the articles:
Your career goals personal statement may consist of 2 parts:
- Career goals and objectives.
- Your previous career achievements.
The career statement may serve as an effective way for assessing current career achievements and the means one should take for accomplishing her career objectives.
In fact, the career statement is a short and crisp essay that clearly presents the career vision of a professional for making an effective career planning.
This article suggests examples of personal mission statements for an individual, i.e. career objective statements.
Career Vision Statement: Examples of Career Objective Statements
Firstly, one should be realistic about his career objectives in general. Here are some questions to ask yourself before setting up a career statement:
- Who are you and what do you want to achieve in life?
- Why are you interested in this career?
- What are your values?
- Why does this career fit you?
- What do you expect to achieve from this career in the long run?
- Describe your achievements, experience and qualifications for this career.
- What do you intend to do in the future?
After clarifying these points, the second mission is to create the career statements.
An example of a career goals statement
5 years career goals statement:
- To become an expert consultant in the IT field.
- Learned 2 years at Cisco labs.
- Gained an experience in IT networking components and products.
- I intend to work 5 years at a challenging, cutting edge technology position where I can enhance my skills and knowledge.
During these 5 years I aim to:
- Take new perspectives and eventually manage/influence others.
- Communicate with the industry leaders to develop my network.
- Learn business management for establishing my business in consulting after these 5 years.
After 5 years:
- An IT consultant.
If you are looking for resumes’ career statements, please refer to the articles: