Companies work in different work cultures in which departments (or divisions) have various ways of interactions between teams and individual employees.
It is very important that the expectant employee fits in the work structure of the company and the job requirements.
Trying to evaluate your competencies, the employer would want to categorize you asking – Do you prefer to work independently or in a team?
As known, some employees tend, and prefer to work independently (i.e. loners), while others gel well and perform the best when they are in a group.
Therefore, the question “would you prefer to work independently or in a team” is asked to get an idea of your teamwork skills – your ability to work in a team environment: are you a team player?
If you are asked the question whether you prefer to work independently or as a team, here is the best way to answer it
- “I have worked in teams and independently as well. Some jobs match and require a teamwork effort while others fit an individual work.”
- “I find that working in a team increases the work performance, as well as creates a proper work flow and information distribution between team members which ensured that the project is completed in a timely and efficient manner.”
- “While working independently, I realized that I was the complete owner of the project (i.e. one man project) and therefore considered this responsibility as an incentive/bonus. Though, I did get the company support and interacted very often with other key employees, the way I worked helped to ensure quick project implementation as well as finding efficient solution for any calculated risks. Therefore, I have had very good experiences working in a team as well as working independently. “
Provide examples and you may add that –
“In my previous jobs, I have had opportunities to work in a team on an impromptu basis, as well as provide value and support to the product that is being developed by the team. I have immensely enjoyed playing both roles, and I think that I would be comfortable in both roles, that of a team member as well as a sole entity.”
- Teamwork Interview Questions and Answers – www.job-interview-site.com: Working in a company has several aspects other than the abilities and experience of the person. One important aspect is teamwork.
- Give us examples of teamwork in the workplace – Interview question …: Basically, the reason why the interviewers ask you about your experiences in your previous jobs is that they wish to find out whether the …
- Teamwork Motivation: How to Motivate a Team?: Many team leaders ask the question – how do I get the most out of this team? Motivating employees to their best performance starts from the …
- Your Ability to Work alone, with others or in a team Environment …: One common question asked is whether the person possesses the attributes required for working in a team as a team player or whether he (or …
- Working in a Team: Advantages and Disadvantages: A team environment can boost the confidence of individuals, allowing them to do their best work. Good teams make the most of individual …
- Team leader: interview questions for a Team Leader – www.job …: Every company has an hierarchy. It goes without saying that people are hired throughout the hierarchy on a regular basis.
- What Makes a Good Team Leader? How to Be a Good Team Leader?: Almost everyone in the team would like to become a leader, but there are very few who would actually have the characteristics to be a team …