The job interview is that limited time interaction between the interviewer and the interviewee which decides whether the person would be hired for the said position or not. While one needs to have the requisite skillsets and qualifications, one also needs to fulfill some secondary aspects to be the best fit for the job.
Remember, every job opening receives many applications, and it is only the best few that are considered for the Interview, which is the first round.
One common question asked is whether the person possesses the attributes required for working in a team as a team player or whether he (or she) prefers working alone – on their own i.e. – independently.
What Is your Ability to Work As Part of a Team (Or To Work Independently)
How to answer the question about ability to work alone?
Many experienced professionals are sometimes considered as one-man-shows that can carry out tasks for the business or the company on an individual level.
If you are considered for post where you would have to work alone, you should consider whether you would be able to work in a quite environment.
For example, people who like to go it alone are and should be able handling specific set of skills, being individual players, sometimes multi-talented and might need managerial qualities or knowing how to manage themselves with minimal supervision.
You should keep in mind that working alone might require handling more pressure. Therefore, the interviewer may also ask about your ability to work under pressure.
How to answer question about ability to work in a team environment?
It is known that some people would like to work intensively with others as a team while yet others like to go it alone as mentioned above.
To answer the question about your ability to work well with others, you should carry out a self-assessment about your willingness to work as a team member or not.
You should consider whether you have the above mentioned features of ‘individual players”, if you do not have them, you are better off working in a team environment like the majority of workers.
If you are this type of personality, you should tell about how good and effective you communicate with others – with abilities like: shared work, comfort sharing ideas, reporting to supervisors, handling mutual efforts, receiving/providing impromptu training, etc.
- Teamwork Interview Questions and Answers – www.job-interview-site.com: Working in a company has several aspects other than the abilities and experience of the person. One important aspect is teamwork.
- Give us examples of teamwork in the workplace – Interview question …: Basically, the reason why the interviewers ask you about your experiences in your previous jobs is that they wish to find out whether the …
- Teamwork Motivation: How to Motivate a Team?: Many team leaders ask the question – how do I get the most out of this team? Motivating employees to their best performance starts from the …
- Are You A Team Player? Ability to Work in a Team Environment …: Companies work in different work cultures in which departments (or divisions) have various ways of interactions between teams and individual …
- Working in a Team: Advantages and Disadvantages: A team environment can boost the confidence of individuals, allowing them to do their best work. Good teams make the most of individual …
- Team leader: interview questions for a Team Leader – www.job …: Every company has an hierarchy. It goes without saying that people are hired throughout the hierarchy on a regular basis.
- What Makes a Good Team Leader? How to Be a Good Team Leader?: Almost everyone in the team would like to become a leader, but there are very few who would actually have the characteristics to be a team …