One of the questions so many of us find ourselves looking for an answer to is: “how to be successful in a career and how to be successful in life all at the same time.”
It actually isn’t as difficult as some think.
For starters life and career are somewhat intertwined and when we enjoy a successful career it tends to flow into our personal lives. And once we learn how to be a successful person we tend have success in our careers and in our person lives… you get the picture – success in your career and personal life go hand in hand.
Career Success: Tips for a Successful Career
Let’s have a look of some common elements and thought patterns.
#1 – Balancing Work Life
When it comes to balancing work life career coaching might come in handy. Here are some ways to balance life and work.
1. Pace Yourself – Anyone who has been involved in competitive sports knows the importance of pacing oneself. The same applies to life – your personal life and your career.
2. Just Say No – Work-life balances have to occur. You cannot be successful in either without finding that balance, and that balance means you have to learn to say “no.” Remember someone else’s priority is not necessarily your priority. You must learn to not feel guilty about saying no.
3. Take Good Care of Yourself – Too often it’s our health that suffers when we get too busy – fast food, extra weight, stress, and lack of exercise. To enjoy personal success and career success you need to stay healthy so make sure that your health is high on the priority list.
4. You Can’t be a Workaholic – Many of us find ourselves in the position of a workaholic. Watch for the warning signs and if you find yourself in the pattern of all work and no play – you need to focus on spending more time at home and in your personal life.
5. Simplify Your Life – Our lives can get really complex. This is especially true for working mothers and fathers that find it hard to find the time for their spouses and their children. Sometimes you just have to simplify your life and make sure you have time for the things that are really important.
#2 – Career Goals and Career Plans
When it comes to career success tips the first thing you need to focus on is your career goals and your career plans.
1. What do you want to achieve –
What is it you want out of your career? Do you already have a career and is your career plan to evolve along that career line? Are you looking for a different career or a new career?
Managing your career goals is much easier once you define what those goals are, because then you can move forward with your career plans.
2. Job Skills –
Developing the skills you need to follow the career or job path you desire will also play an important role in your career road-map, creating balance in your life.
Being professional in whatever you decide to do is important not only to keeping your personal and work life balanced but also for your career success.