Working as a software salesperson, you will have to sell software (from application, IT to system software, and gaming software) to the company’s customers.
In the modern world, there is an increasingly high demand for software and at the same time the number of companies manufacturing and selling is also increasing.
The competition is high in the market. Companies are abandoning older methods and rely more and more on software sales personnel.
As a result, the market is absorbing more and more software sales representatives. But the job of the salesperson is not limited to selling software to clients – The responsibilities of a professional in this field are divided between pre-sale services, actual sales, and post-sale customer support.
The following is an example of a software sales rep resume that can be used for several software fields, such as: IT sales, i.e. Information technology, computer sales, IT systems, games and so on. This free resume sample can be copied, pasted and customize according to your needs.
Software Salesman Resume Example
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
Software Sales professional with 10 years of commended performance in the field of IT software sales, offering the following functional competencies and core strengths:
- Expertise in the field of software; computer savvy with deep knowledge of IT.
- Well-versed in current trends and developments.
- Adept at programming and coding.
- Attentive to client needs – Superb communication skills and outgoing, with great interpersonal skills.
- Assertive | Aggressive (when required) | Enthusiastic | Ability to convince within a given time-frame | Innovative | Creative and able to think on my feet | Excellent organizational skills.
HM Chicago, IL 2006 – Present
Software Sales Specialist
Established and developed new business contacts; participated in establishing brand identity in any assigned area.
- Worked in point-of-sales transactions with a proven record in selling software successfully to [X]; sold software online and through telemarketing; suggested and sold creative products to customers.
- Addressed after-sale client issues; provided tech support for software installation and other areas of customer service.
- Worked to overcome architectural/technical challenges of current and new clientele.
- Quickly acquired expert knowledge of relevant software to ensure customer satisfaction and to optimize profits.
OrZONE El Segundo, CA 2003 – 2006
Software Sales Person
Very successful in door-to-door sales; initiated courtesy and follow-up calls.
- Designed and gave presentations to clients.
- Provided managers with tenders, technical reports and proposals when required.
- Maximized (X) profitability and effectiveness of (X) by introducing my own new and innovative techniques.
- Successfully managed a team of (X) members and increased the efficiency of the team by (X)%.
- Constantly conducted my own research in order to keep up-to-date with all of the new software and to identify potential profit makers.
Maryville University of Saint Louis 1998 – 2002
BS, Business Administration, Marketing
Georgia Institute of Technology 1994 – 1998
Bachelor’s, Computer Science, Specialization in databases.
Resume Examples for Sales Positions