This page is an index of the Sales Resumes Samples written for the blog.
You may be interested in reading some resume writing advice and tips for sales jobs located under the table.
Four Tips for Writing a Sales Resume
Here are 4 important ‘ingredients’ for your resume –
1. Sales objective statement and/or career summary
It goes without saying that a good-written sales resume objective statement can be one of the most powerful paragraphs in your resume.
If you decide to use one, locate it right below your contact information to describe three important aspects (if possible) – What kind of jobs you are looking for, your experience and what you are good at.
Refer to – Sales Resume Objective Examples
You may also go for a career summary.
A good career summary that shows a strong match with the job of target may increase your chance of getting noticed and eventually called for the job interview.
You may even decide to create several career summaries and tailor your drafts for any job you are going to apply for.
Some good examples can be found in the samples of Sales Resume hereunder.
Here is generic one –
- A sales manager professional with 10 years experience in the medical industry.
- Proven record of developing new businesses, reaching sales objectives and creating customer base.
- Recently completed a Master of Business Administration.
2. Key skills and strengths required for sales professional
Some of the most important traits every salesperson and/or sales manager must have:
- Excellent communication skills – written and aural
- Outstanding people skills
- Professionalism, diplomacy, tactfulness – to generate positive company image
- Good at presentations
- Negotiation skills
- Creative, insightful, innovative, assertive
- Leadership – result oriented and goals achiever
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- Efficient under pressure
You can many more in the Sales resume templates hereunder.
3. Using keywords
Most resumes are not screened by human beings but by software. Employers & recruiters compress and store resumes in database – The database software scans these resumes when potential candidate is required.
Therefore, you would be wise to use your field buzz-words/keywords in order to make your resume reachable. How would you target the keywords?
Look at any job posting in your industry (or jobs you are interested in) and screen out:
- Job Titles, professional expertise, technology skills
- Technical/Industry terms
- Education, qualification and Certifications
- Some repeated action words and relevant competencies
- Product/Service type
4. Sales resume should include Action Verbs for achievement
An impressive sales resume lists achievement to demonstrate energy and a good performer.
Start many sentences as possible with action words in order to give power and direction to your resume.
Some good action verbs for sales resume to include are:
Accomplished, Achieved, Improved, Delivered, Changed, Exceeded, Completed, Increased, Enlarged, Established, Influenced, Initiated, Inspired, Proved, Reached, Succeeded, Motivated and Originated.
As you can see, these words represent someone who is “result oriented” and “goal achievers” two of the most important skills of a sales manager performer.