The following is a Retail Sales Resume Example.
General Job Description:
The Retail Sales Representative can be responsible for fairly diverse duties depending upon the services, products and merchandise offered by the specific employer.
Typically, a retail sales person will be responsible for describing the product’s features and demonstrate its use to potential clients. S/he must have the required knowledge on the products and merchandise they sell.
In addition to encouraging customer to buy, most retail salespersons are also in charge of other sale’s processes, such as: receiving cash, checks, debit, and charge payments or answering customer’s queries and complains. They play a key role in other retail store operations, such as: stock inventory, sales recording/forecasting etc.
Retail Sales Resume Sample
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
RETAIL SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Representative salesman in retail sector, throughout career acquires solid understanding of customer expectations, effective sales methods, in-store experience and retail market trends.
High energy level, initiative and confidence achieve outstanding sales results.
Core Competencies include,
- Good/effective communication skills.
- Customer service orientation – stress tolerance, patience and integrity.
Objective – Seeking a dynamic environment to employ sales skills for growth of organization.
■ Professional Experience
A&M Stores Camp Hill, PA 2003 – Present
Retail Sales Associate/Representative
- Assisted and encouraged customers in selecting and purchasing required products in a retail environment.
- Addressed customer’s needs – Advised and helped locate appropriate merchandise.
- Described product’s features/benefits and demonstrated usage/operation of products.
- Answered/addressed customers’ questions – Provides information concerning specifications, warranties, financing available, maintenance of merchandise and delivery options.
- Received all sort of payments, orders and invoicing.
- Maintained sales records, reviewed sales prices.
- Arranged display of merchandise in retail store.
- Organized goods exchanges – Repair or alteration of merchandise.
- Coordinated stock inventory and requisition of new stock.
- Professional training on sales principles and business administration.
- Coursework on Customer Service.
- High school diploma.