Are you through with your graduation and are looking for a job? Or is it that you are looking for a job-change?
Whatever it may be, either ways you will have to face an interview. So, you need to buckle up to give your best shot at the interview, isn’t it?
What is a screening interview?
These days, employers tend to conduct 2-3 rounds of interviews as their job application process. Through the interviewing process, if you are good enough to prove your qualities, you get the job. Most of the times, the first round is a screening process.
Why phone screening interview is conducted?
Screening is a critical process for any employer. Employers conduct screening interviews to filter out the unwanted or ineligible candidates. This narrowing down approach saves them time and labor to pick and choose the one from the list of shortlisted candidates.
Most of the times, screening interviews are conducted over the phone. Interviewers tend to call up interviewees at a predetermined time in order to review the details.
Tips on how to prepare for the pre-screening interview questions
So, if you have applied for a job, you better be prepared for a phone screening interview before facing the real hurdle face to face interview.
Perhaps, a few tips given below can surely help you in clearing the screening process:
Prepare in advance
You need to be well prepared before going through the telephone screening interview. You should go through the company website, understand its products/services, know about its past and achievements, the stake holders, clients and a whole lot of other things that will help you in projecting yourself as a well aware candidate.
Relax – Do not panic
You are bound to panic if it happens to be your first interview but you need to maintain calm. No interviewer would want a stressed out candidate for a job. He would look for one who is well-composed and mature to tackle questions.
Take a deep breath and answer the questions with ease.
Maintain the tonality
You need to maintain the tonality. However, you must not answer the queries in a monotonous tone.
Telephone Screening Interview Questions and Answers
Here are some examples of pre-screening questions in a phone interview.
Though, pre-screening process can include questions about diverse topics but the ones most likely to be asked are:
1. Tell us about your professional experience – You should talk about your profile in a succinct yet informative manner. Ideally, 10-15 sec is enough to answer.
2. Why do you want to work for us? List out the points that will project you to be a perfect-fit in the organization.
3. What do you know about the job and our company? The interviewer would want to know if you researched well before and know everything about the job requirements and the company.
4. Resume Review and Questions – the interviewer will ask questions to verify certain points and information written in your resume therefore learn/review your resume beforehand.
5. Qualifications review – The interviewer might ask you questions related to your educational qualifications and will want you to review certain gained skills that are important for the job in question.