The resume for a pre-sales engineer position must present a performer on varied responsibilities as listed in the following resume sample.
This free resume sample is good for IT pre sales engineer as well as any other technical pre sales manager.
You can customize this example for your needs:
Pre-Sales Resume Example – IT Engineer
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
PRE-SALES ENGINEER (Solutions Architect)
Seven years experience in pre-sales as a solutions architect [Pre-Sales Support Consultant] supported all aspects of sales activities and sales channels development for the company products and services.
Possesses the ability to build and maintain business relationships with decision makers and influencers.
Objective Statement – Seeking a position that will benefit from my strong technical and pre sales engineering experience to create sales business strategies and develop customer base, marketing tools and product launching.
■ Core Competencies
- Over seven years hands-on technical experience – Strong understanding of technologies such as: Specialized Hardware, Networking, Information technology management or Software engineering.
- Self-starter with excellent Presentation skills and consultative skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal – Business writing skills
■ Professional Experience
Pre-Sale Engineer IT Business Solutions New York, NY 2005– Present
Working with Customers:
- Met with channels/customers to understand their current technical environment, key business issues/drivers, and future technology requirements.
- Worked closely with customers on the technical requirements to provide technical solutions – Identified requirements, including technical details sufficient for product definition.
- Developed and established strong relationships with strategic clients and industry partners.
- Provided product updates and technical advice to clients – Explained technical capabilities and business benefits of solutions to the customer from engineering level to senior executives.
- Presented the company products to clients – Showcased drivers and value that supported the business case for the total cost of ownership to the customer.
Working with Sales and Marketing Teams:
- Worked with the sales team to develop selling strategy within the target accounts – Created and delivered effective presentations and sales tools for the sales team.
- Work with regional sales managers to provide pre/post-sales support – Worked with the sales team to design, propose, and close new deals/opportunities with customers.
Key Initiatives and Achievements:
- Architecture/designed some of the most complex solutions using the latest technology in [the field].
- Initiated pre-sales activities, consulting services and products – Developed projects’ scopes (SOW, scope of work) and prepared proposals.
- Performed competitive analyses.
- Attended industry trade shows, exhibitions, seminars and training sessions to promote products and services.
■ Educational Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Business Administration
- Bachelor’s degree in [Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, or related field is required accompanied with technology designated certifications].
- Advanced professional certifications, such as: Cisco MCSE/CCNP/CCIE or similar.
Resume Samples for Sales