Pharmaceutical companies invest vast amount of money to develop solutions to a range of medical problems in the cutting edge of technology. They need highly skilled engineers for their missions, but after having new products it is vital for them to hire the right sales and marketing personnel.
Companies need people with in depth knowledge, excellent communication skills and a sound understanding of the medical industry to promote their new products to this highly competitive pharmaceutical market.
The resume for the Pharmaceutical sales has to present experience, skills and qualifications specifically required for this profession.
Sample Resume for Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
The following is a free resume example of an entry level or experienced pharmaceutical sales rep.
After copying/pasting and customizing this sample, you may be interested in seeing a resume for – Medical Sales Representative.
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
PHARMACEUTICAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE
■ Career Summary
- A natural/persuasive sales professional with a consistent record of establishing trust and value among the clients.
- Efficient in promoting products, ideas and services.
- Self-confident, makes cold calls to potential customers using excellent verbal communication skills, strong networking skills and active interpersonal skills.
Objective Statement – To work as a pharmaceutical sales professional in an organization where I can generate dynamic results through my experience, to contribute to the development of a profitable client relationship.
■ Professional Experience
ABC Pharmaceuticals Chicago, IL 2003 – Present
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative/Specialist
Highlights of Contributions:
- Served as a significant liaison between the company and the healthcare professionals.
- Promoted company’s pharmaceutical products through presentations and demonstrations.
- Organized conferences for healthcare professionals.
Sales & Marketing:
- Accomplished the company’s long-term and short-term sales objectives.
- Organized events in collaboration with medical practitioners to spread awareness about maintaining proper health and hygiene.
- Focused on expanding the customer list by promoting the pharmaceutical products.
- Built successful business relationships with customers and healthcare partners.
- Planned, directed and coordinated high valued projects within the company.
- Performed intense research before launching the product promotion campaigns.
- Aimed at finding opportunities to venture into new businesses on behalf of the company.
Other Key Achievements:
- Carried out surveys with the help of private institutions to learn about the latest development in the field of medicine before the launching of a new pharmaceutical product.
- Utilized the capabilities of reporting tools to achieve specific company goals.
- Supported executives in working out the strategies for company’s maximum benefit.
- Kept record of the up-to-date clinical data provided by the company and discussed them with the medical practitioners.
■ Educational Background
University of Southern California Los Angeles, CA 2000 – 2003
MS, Pharmaceutical Science
Northeastern University Boston, MA 1997 – 2000
BS, Pharmaceutical Science