There are many times when we feel we have whiled away our time and haven’t achieved anything.
We realize that the day has passed and we did NOTHING. However, there are a few people who do not feel so. Their each day is panned, for they are all set to achieve targets & goals.
They keep achieving these small tasks and goals and ultimately fulfill their dreams. What makes these people stand out from the rest? It is organizational skills!
Organization Skills and Competencies
What are Planning and Organizational skills
Organizational skills can be termed as a set of skills that help you achieve your higher goals in life. These skill sets help you plan, implement the procedures, monitor growth and ultimately achieve your set goals.
To put it the other way, organizational skills are kind of self-discipline measures that differentiate a leader (and good administrators) from the rest. These skills help an individual to acknowledge a reason/purpose for each day. These skills make an individual focus towards a higher goal in life.
In a nutshell, setting up a goal is easy but to achieve the said goal is tough. Organizational skills help individuals plan & prioritize their actions and activities in a way that makes them achieve the goal.
List of Organizational Skills
There may be many organizational skills like planning abilities and prioritization as described above, but the top eight skills that are related to organization abilities are:
1. Attention to details skills help you pay attention to any project detail you responsible for. (detail oriented personality)
2. Multi tasking skills make you work and deliver results on various projects at the same time.
3. Analytical skills help you analyzing a situation and coming forward with a logical solution.
4. Communications skills help you understand and put forward your point to the other.
5. Problem solving skills enable you to not get overwhelmed and solve the problem systematically.
6. Decision making skills enable you to make tough decisions at the need of the hour.
7. People skills help you in interacting with clients, higher authorities, peers and your subordinates.
8. Team skills enable you to adopt and function in diverse teams.
Organization Skills: Examples of Organizational Skills
Some of the examples of organizational skills are:
1. Focus oriented: An individual builds a focus on a certain goal that he wishes to achieve. He alienates himself from any distractions in between.
2. Prioritization: An individual prioritizes activities in a way that synergize the effect in a fruitful manner. He/she puts forward smaller milestones and prioritizes efforts accordingly.
3. Timelines driven: An individual marks time-lines to achieve/ complete certain tasks. He tries his best to achieve it on time.
4. An individual documents the results/achievements and learning through the entire process.
Organizational Skills in the Workplace
Organizational skills are a prerequisite in any organization.
These skills are highly sought after and no organization look forward to recruiting a candidate who does not possess the same. Why? Employees that possess organizational skills work systematically in an organization and achieve results as planned. Even if there are unforeseen occurrences, they manage to pull through still.
Time Management and Organizational Skills
Time management and organizations skills go hand in hand. Or, time management plays a crucial role in organizational skills. What makes time management so crucial? Time management helps individuals to set time-lines to achieve certain goals. If they do not set time lines, they are bound to procrastinate and ultimately never achieve a goal. If they set out targets and then they process ahead; the surety of completing the task in time is more than ever.
*Organizational skills are a key requirement that is expected from employees and job applicants. Even if you not used to utilizing such skills, you may make an effort now. These efforts are to benefit you in the long run.