An employer may ask a range of questions during a job interview.
The purpose of the questions is to find out if a certain candidate may suit a position.
As an employer, make sure you define the job requirements and the type of employee you are looking for – both skills competencies and behavioral qualities.
Employers will find out much more about a candidate in person than merely by looking at the facts on his or her resume. One may be interested to find out a balanced person that will win over other candidates because of his personal abilities, good background and his motivational skill.
This article suggests sample interview questions for employers to ask a candidate.
After reading this article, you may be interested in reading:
- Targeted Selection Interview Questions and Answers.
- Candidate’s selection criteria, How to interview a candidate?
- How to Conduct a Job Interview
Employer questions to ask in an interview – the Interviewer job interview questions
Here are many good interview questions for employers. Please select the interviewing questions according to your needs:
General Questions – Introduction
- Tell me about yourself.
- Where have you worked before?
- What is your current position in the company?
- In your previous job, what was your exact profile?
- What are some of the projects that you handled in the previous job?
- How has your education prepared you?
Some Tough and Frequently Asked Questions
- Why should we hire you?
- Why do you want this job?
- Why were you fired?
- Why do you want to work for this company – Why do you want to work here?
- What are you weaknesses & strengths?
- Why did you leave your last job? What are the reasons you left your last job?
- What (value) do you bring to the company? What are your qualifications for the job requirements?
- Why do you think you would make a great addition to our team?
- How long will you work for us?
- How is your relationship with co-workers? What do colleagues or supervisors say about you?
- Give an example of a situation where you were under pressure on the job. How did you handle it?
- Give an example when you went above and beyond your normal job profile to make something happen for the company.
Refer to the tough and frequently asked questions category for more details.
- Why did you choose this career? How did you decide to choose this career?
- What do you want to do 5 years from now?
- Where do you see yourself ten years from now?
- What are your long and short term career goals?
- What are your career objectives? What’s your career path planning?
- If not this career, which other career would you have taken?
- Provide additional information regarding courses/programs/lessons that you took.
- Do you enjoy work?
Other General Questions
- What do you know about this company?
- When can you join us? What is your availability?
- What are your hobbies and interests?
- What are you likes and dislikes?
- Do you have any questions to ask us?
- What are your salary expectations?
- What is your current salary?
- What are your financial expectations from any job in your life?
- Are you happy with your salary so far?
- What salary do you need or look for?