The following is a free resume example for Investment Banking position – use it as you see fit.
The resume can be used as a template, if you apply for similar job titles as: Investment Banking Associate, Investment Analyst, Investment Banking Analyst, Investment Banking / M&A Advisory Associate and Mergers & Acquisitions Analyst.
General Job Description:
An Investment Banker assists in managing the financial transactions on behalf of the clients. They advise the financial clients on carrying out financial transactions that can help them raise their capital, financial transactions can be the purchase of securities as well as investment opportunities.
Resume Example for an Investment Banker
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
Result focused Investment Banking & Corporate Finance professional, having 10+ years of demonstrated success in completing complex financial transactions. Expert in locating investment opportunities, developing resource assets for private partners and overseeing raising of capital from the initial contact to successful closing.
M&A | Private Placements | Initial Public Offering | Venture Capital | Bridge Loans
Research Analysis | Private Placements | Commercial Finance
Capital Raise | Exit Strategies
- Equity research analysis.
- Interpersonal Negotiation Skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Strong base in mathematics and accounting.
Johns & Associates, LLC Santa Monica, CA 2007 – Present
Senior Investment Banker
BB&R Organization San Francisco, CA 2000 – 2007
Investment Banker & Financial Analyst
Worked closely with owners and founders of companies in developing exit strategies, M&A and investments opportunities.
KEY PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS
- Played a senior role in capital markets group, executed JV equity for advisory and principal transactions.
- Managed investment portfolios on behalf of clients.
- Negotiated large financial transactions – Advised and assisted clients in studying financial transactions.
- Developed financial models to assess equity financing alternatives for transactions.
- Successfully closed over 100 banking transactions in the range of $2M to $10M.
- Closed deals with high-level equity contacts.
- Originated and executed debt products.
- Maintained well-established relationships with high net worth individuals and investors.
- Researched, analyzed, presented and documented drafting elements of developing transactions.
- Gathered information, identified trends/linkages and applied findings to reports.
- Performed evaluations, comparative analysis and cash flow analysis on target companies.
- Develops client presentations.
University of California, Los Angeles 2000 – 2003
Master’s Degree in Business Administration
University of California, Los Angeles 1997 – 2000
Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting