There’s a lot of talk these days about “how to brand yourself.”
That’s in large thanks to social networking sites and how you can build your brand with little effort, yet it can have such positive results for you.
Sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Goolge+, MySpace, and are just a few of the social network sites that millions stop by every day.
Building your personal brand isn’t as difficult as you might think. Let’s have a look how to build your brand.
How to build your brand Identity
In today job market, promoting yourself online in the main Social Media Sites is important for building long term professional identity.
It is a ‘building process’ in which your personal brand gradually makes your name (and key skills and knowledge) known to employers and market leaders in your field.
The very first thing you will have to do is create your profile on the social network sites you plan to use.
We suggest choosing just a few of the most popular to begin with. You want your profile to be as in-depth as possible, so be sure you provide lots of information about yourself, your industry, your skills, etc. Make it personal – that’s the key to a successful profile.
Once you’ve completed your profile you need to get busy and start to network with others who are in the social network.
A few ways to network with others is by adding members as your friends, leaving comments on the profiles of members, and sending private messages to other members.
For those of you unfamiliar with stickiness, this is not the result of sticky hands, although the idea is the same.
Branding works by making yourself memorable. People need to see something many times for it to stick in their mind. You help that along by making your profile sticky – add plenty of photos, add interesting content, and even add videos. You can do other things such as add music, YouTube videos, etc. Post interesting information pertaining to your industry as well.
Interesting Facts on the Benefits of Social Media
Here are some interesting facts that prove the importance of learning how to social network.
- The worker of today will have at least 10 jobs, 3 careers, and 2 layoffs from the time they complete college/university until retirement.
- 90% of all jobs are found through online networking. That’s huge and key to why you need to use social network sites to brand yourself.
- The top 5 social media networks are considered to be Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and then blogs. Google+ is just rising too.
- You can recession proof your career using social networking
- Use social media networking to target hiring managers
- Viral marketing begins by branding yourself and then networking that information. You’ve heard it before – you tell 2 people they tell 4 they tell 8… and on it goes. You suddenly have exponential advertising power at your fingertips.
New Strategies for Employment
During tough economic times, downsizing, and complete shut downs finding a job can be difficult.
Knowing that those finding jobs aren’t finding them in the local paper, through ads, or by dropping resumes, means if these are your strategies, it’s time to take a new approach. You need to use social network sites to build your personal brand and then you need to use those same sites to network and find that job or career move you’ve been looking for.